not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, September 26, 2020

WORKING HARD

POST # 424
Bucking wood, splitting wood, stacking wood, making kindling, weeding, cutting grass, picking apples, hauling water, preparing trees for winter, and probably a few other things that I've already forgotten, is what has kept me busy this past week. By the end of each day I am knackered as the Aussies would say. It has been exhausting at times, but I'm glad that I have been able to help my friends get all of their chores completed, so that they can soon depart on their vacation.
As can been seen from the above photo, they have an extensive property, and this is only a small portion of the forty acres. Lots of land, and lots of work. I am amazed at just how hard John and Kim work, each and every day. They certainly have earned a holiday, in my opinion. By the time that I return to my cabin for the evening, I'm pretty tuckered out, but I feel satisfied with my effort.
grateful for every breath, Paul The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment