not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, June 14, 2020

THE QUARANTINE ACT

POST # 410

According to the latest report that I have read, in one week's time, the US/CANADA border crossing could be re-opened.  Emphasis on the word, could.

I do find it somewhat curious, that the land border remains closed, and yet I can board an airplane and fly back.  I would have thought that it should be all or nothing, but I guess the Canadian government and I choose to differ on this topic.

In any event,  the Canadian government now has in place some legislation called the "Quarantine Act" and I have provided a link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

Violation of any of the clauses in the act can result in fines starting at a mere $750,000 and up to 6 months in prison or both.  And it gets worse than that, if you can believe it.

What hasn't been revealed yet is if/when the border is finally open, does that then mean that the mandatory 14 day self-isolation clause will still remain in effect, or does it go by the wayside?

At some point in the not too distant future, I need to get back to Canada to take care of some personal affairs.  Whether or not I will be able to do that without going through the quarantine is still in question.

So, what to do? Well, I will continue to appreciate the fact that I have this present moment to enjoy, and right now I still have Mary and Dora-dog to share some of those moments with.  What happens in one week's time will be known by the time I sit down to write my next blog post.

As I write these words, Dora-dog is giving me "the look" which tells me that it's either time to take her for a walk, or play chase-the-bone in the backyard.  Both options are a joy, and once again the four-legged is teaching the two-legged what is really important.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment