not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, June 7, 2020

MY FAITHFUL GARDENING ASSISTANT

POST #409


Thankfully, there are plenty of gardening projects to keep me occupied during my time here in Washington.  I do love digging around in the dirt, and every once in a while, Dora-dog takes a moment out of her busy day to come by and offer some moral support.  She drops everything (read, her bone), and comes over to have a look at what I am up to.  I happened to be sorting weeds and grass from dirt the other day.  It was the perfect spot for her to camp out for a while, and watch me work.  My faithful gardening assistant.

I'm still not certain as to when the Canada/US border crossing will re-open, but in the meantime, and as long as the weather is favourable, the weeds in the garden will continue to grow, and I will continue to be employed.

Today, we drove to Anacortes to pick up a few items, and while there, we went over to the local dog park.  It had been closed for the longest time, and now that things are re-opening, the dog park was a very busy place.  There were about a dozen dogs there when we arrived, and Dora-dog could barely hold back her excitement.  Once we walked through the gates, she was in doggy heaven.  It was great to be there, and share in her joy.  Sometimes it's the simple things that can provide the most joy, and spending time with her in a dog park, certainly fits the bill.

Back home, there is a new pile of dirt/grass/weeds to dry out and separate, and so I must finish this short post, put on my gardening clothes, head out the door while the sun is still shining, and continue my work.  With any luck, my faithful gardening assistant will come outside with me, to once again help me in my quest to keep the weeds at bay.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer




No comments:

Post a Comment