not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, March 21, 2020

HOLED UP AND DRIED UP

POST # 399

WHERE IS EVERYONE?


On March 16th, 2020 this Canuck crossed over the line into the USA via the Amtrak train.  The conductor informed us that this would be the last train from Vancouver BC, heading south for the foreseeable future.  As you can tell from the first photo, the train station was almost empty.  I've never seen it like this, in all the years that I have been travelling to the USA.  A coronavirus sign of the times.

Thankfully for me, my dear friend Mary greeted me at the station upon my arrival, and along with Dora-dog, we headed to her home.  This is where I am holed up at the present time.  I am most fortunate indeed,  to have a roof over my head.  As the days have gone by this past week,  the previously booked future house sit gigs that were in my calendar have all but dried up at this point in time, and to be honest,  I really hadn't considered that a house sitter could be so impacted by what is going on right now.  I guess that none of us are immune.  I'm not sure what the future holds in store, and I will continue to take things a day at a time.

In the meanwhile, Mary as always, takes good care of this wandering soul, and as an added bonus, there is always the wonderful Dora-dog to keep us both amused.  

HAPPY AT THE DOG PARK



DORA-DOG FOCUSED ON HER NEW FOUND FRIEND

LIVE ACTION REPLAY


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment