not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

SO LONG ONCE AGAIN TO MAC AND BERT

POST # 333




ONE OF MAC'S NEW FRIENDS

When asked what surprised him about humanity the most, The Dalai Lama replied, 
“Man. Because he sacrifices his health to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health… He lives as though he is never going to die and dies having never really lived.”


------------



Some wise words from the Dalai Lama, that were brought to my attention by my friend Mary.  I would like to think that for the most part, I haven't followed the path described in the above quote, but I suppose we are all guilty to a certain extent.

Of course, these days I try to live as fully as possible, and for me, that means spending the majority of my time interacting with my mostly furry, mostly four-legged friends.  As far as I am concerned, it has been and still is, a very wise use of my time.

Recently,  two of my former house-sit clients made positive comments about my lifestyle, and that's nice to hear, but I certainly didn't choose this lifestyle in order to win the approval of others.  I live this way because I think that it is a good use of my time, and, because I house/pet sit for free, it's my way to give back to others.

Speaking of time, it's almost up at my current house sit, here in a rural area on Vancouver island.  This has been round two with Mac and Bert, and just like round one, it has been very relaxing and enjoyable.

For the first few days, I kept calling Mac, Dora by mistake.  He just tilted his head and gave me a blank look.  I guess that shows how attached I've become to Dora-dog in such a short time.  So many boneheads, so little time.

And I can't forget to mention Bert because he's got his own special personality.  The two of them make very pleasant company indeed.










This is also a very special location for three main reasons.  It's rural, it's quiet, and it has a great view.  The owners have offered me another opportunity to be here next year, but I am already booked.   Perhaps some other time.

They arrive home tomorrow, and I'll be heading out to my next sit early Friday.  As much as I am looking forward to my next gig, I will miss this place, and more importantly, I will miss Mac and Bert.  So it goes.  It's a small price to pay, for this privileged life that I lead.


THIS MORNING'S VIEW FROM THE DECK



LATE NIGHT WALK WITH MAC




happy, accepting & grateful,


Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
































No comments:

Post a Comment