not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

MURPHY NUMBER 3

POST # 334



MURPHY
This is Murphy.   He is the third bonehead named Murphy, that I have had the pleasure of getting acquainted with over the many years that I have been wandering around pet/house sitting.  The first was a Bichon Frise, the second was a  Labrador Retriever, and now it's Murphy number three, a Goldendoodle.  With his colour, and his curly hair, he's almost a combination of the previous two Murphy boneheads.

It didn't take very long to get settled in at my current house-sit, and the owner's made the hand off, a very easy affair.  We had the opportunity for a visit the evening prior to their departure, and during that time, I had a chance to get to know Murphy.  He's a very friendly critter, so our bonding session didn't take long.

It's been five days now since my arrival, and we have settled into a very comfortable routine, which includes three walks per day.  Fortunately for the two of us, there is an off-leash dog park immediately to the rear of the house,  so it's been very easy to get our daily walks accomplished.

At this time of year (at least for the past three), I would have been taking care of Shadow, the furball, but for whatever reasons, my friends contacted me earlier in the year to say that they wouldn't need a pet sitter.  Normally, they head off to Mexico for a couple of weeks.  Instead, I find myself at a new location, while these owners are in Mexico.  In addition to that similarity,  I could almost start calling Murphy, Shadow, because he follows me wherever I go.  



 Here he is keeping watch (or is he beginning to fall asleep?) while I sit in the computer room, and after another joy filled day with the pet sitter, Murphy is happy to lay down and take a well deserved rest.  It's a rough life.




happy, accepting & grateful,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment