not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, June 28, 2018

BELIZE- THAT'S A WRAP

POST # 316

   Sign at Belize Airport

Now there's some wisdom for you. "Someday isn't one of them."  My ever observant friend, Guy mentioned to me that this sign was at the airport, so yesterday, prior to my departure, I managed to find it and take this photo.  It seems to be human nature or at least our culture that let's us think that "someday, I'll get around to...", fill in the blank.  However, seeing as none of us know exactly how much time we have left, it's probably good advice to take advantage of the present, just to make sure that you don't miss anything.  And that spells out the reason for this most recent trip to Belize.  I didn't want to wait for someday.

As just mentioned, I took that photo yesterday, and today I have access to a computer with a REAL keyboard, so I am taking advantage of it to write this hasty blog post.  It seems like a long time ago already since that photo was taken, and between that time and now, I've visited three airports, including a sleep over at San Francisco. Note to self.  The floors at airports are just as hard as Greyhound bus depot floors, but I was so tired, I managed to catch a bit of sleep.

After three weeks in Belize, it was time to say so long yesterday, and after our goodbyes, I took two different buses, and got a lift from a pastry chef, in order to arrive at the Belize airport.

I thought I would add a few photos of this most recent journey in order to round out the trip, so here goes.

This is just a single cashew.  I'd never seen what they look like before. (the actual nut is the brown bit at the bottom)

A couple of happy looking boneheads from up the road.  They just HAD to come out and say hi to the pet sitter.


Three more "boneheads" including the guy writing these words.  These are just two of Pauline's four Yorkies.  But if the truth be known, Brownie is my favourite one.


BROWNIE



Translation: "Waiting room refugees."At least that's according to google translate.  Our images are reflected in the glass wall of the building.  Guy and Pauline were here as they are every month in order to get their passports stamped so that they can stay in Belize for another 30 days.  It's a pain in the ass for them, but that's one of the prices you have to pay to stay.  Perhaps the image of us standing under this sign isn't that far from the truth of the matter.

One of the signs at the farm.  More good advice, if I may say so.

And finally a video from my last bike ride back to the farm from a few days ago.  What a ride.


It's been a hectic day so far, and in light of the past 36 hours or so, I am rather tired, so that will be my excuse for any spelling and/or grammatical errors.  I might use this excuse from now on.   

living in acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment