not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

MAKE-A-PET

POST # 303



My goodness.  For almost six and a half years now, I've been pet sitting full-time which has included picking up an inordinate amount of bonehead poop, and cleaning furball litter boxes, and then the other day I come across this sign, "MAKE-A-PET."  Stupid me.  If I would have known that I could make my own pet, I might have considered one that didn't have to poop on a daily basis, or at least only poop a small amount.  Maybe a pet tardigrade for instance.

But how much fun and enjoyment would I have missed out on during that same period, without REAL PETS?  In spite of all the chores that revolve around their care, I'm sticking with the real thing for as long as possible.

And on that note, I have had another wonderful week with three real pets, and we continue to enjoy each others company.












It's been a fun journey, and it's not quite over, here in Duncan, so I will continue to play with the REAL PETS, and throw away the idea of MAKE-A-PET.

living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


PS: Not much thought went into this post, but the more time I would have spent thinking and writing, the less time I would have to spend with Essex, Jasmine and Jeanette.



No comments:

Post a Comment