not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

ABBEY ROAD & HER MAJESTY





POST # 300





TINA aka HER MAJESTY

As the song says, "Her majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say."  Tina fits the bill to perfection.  She spends her day sleeping, eating, more sleeping, more eating, and then rounds out the day with more sleeping.  It sounds like a pretty good life, and I do try to follow her example but not to the extent that she does, especially in the sleeping department.  But hey, I can grow, I can change, and with enough inspiration, I may one day be as relaxed as Her Majesty.

My friend Guy likes to call cats the ultimate libertarians***, and that might be true.  But as he also says, "just try and take away their food bowl and see what happens."  The libertarian furball will change completely.  Lucky for Tina that the cat food cupboard is overflowing at the moment, so I don't expect any problems for the remainder of this sit.

Of course, it would be easy to just hang out with Her Majesty all day long, however, now that the weather seems to be on the improve**, I've decided to venture out each day and get a decent walk completed before the sun goes down.  I do make sure to fit my exercise routine in between feeding times for Her Majesty.  After all, I know who runs the show here, and it isn't the house sitter.

Unbeknownst to Her Majesty, I bump into the occasional bonehead while I'm out walking and yesterday was one of those days.  Not far from here, there is a restaurant along the beach, and for the second time in as many days, I came across this lovely mutt.  Naturally I had to spend some time with him.  What a gentle giant.  He looks like a cross between a St. Bernard and maybe a golden retriever, but I have it on good advice, that he is probably a Leonberger.  It's the very first time I have come across this breed in all of my travels.


UPDATE- I ran into the owner yesterday (March 1st), and he filled me in on some details.  The bonehead's name is Maynard, he's just 16 months old, and weighs in at 125 pounds.  His parents are both 165 pounds, so he still has some growing ahead.  And yes, he is a Leonberger.






Of course, I couldn't leave without taking a photo of the two of us together, just for the record.





As I walked away and headed for home, I looked back and he was staring at me with that expression that said, "why are you leaving me?"  I almost went back for some additional bonehead time, but it was getting very close to feeding time for Her Majesty, and I certainly didn't want to keep her waiting.  Perhaps on tomorrow's walk, my bonehead buddy will be standing guard again at the beach side restaurant, and if he is, I'll make sure to spend more time with him.  Of course, I won't mention any of this to Her Majesty.


***Cats as libertarians.



**
The weather earlier in the week.





living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment