not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, May 21, 2017

TEENIE TINY TABBY TINA and SADIE

POST # 263






 I've had the great pleasure to know many furballs in my travels, but Tina is without a doubt the smallest one to date, hence the title of today's blog post.  She's a real sweetheart.

I think I'm losing my touch as the cat whisperer though, as it took a couple of hours for her to decide that it was going to be OK for me to share her mansion with a total stranger.  But now we are best of buddies.  And like so many others before her, she now tends to follow me around like a dog is prone to do. That's OK with me.  In fact, it's what I prefer.

This is  a rather short sit, and by the time my next blog post date comes around, I'll be gone from here.  But I'll be taking memories of Tina along with me.  In the meantime here are a few more photos of this lovely furball.

AFTERNOON NAP TIME ON THE HUMAN'S LAP



PERFECTING MY FURBALL YOGA POSE

ENJOYING THE MORNING SUN IN THE VEGGIE PATCH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SADIE


On a sad note, I happened to hear through the grapevine (Facebook), that my old hill climbing buddy, Sadie from Grand Forks,  has died.  I don't know the details, and I no longer have an email address for the owners so I can't find out anything more.  She was a great dog, and I was glad that I had a chance to spend some time with her back in 2012.  She was the only eye witness to see the stupid human (that would be me) as he tumbled head over heels down the mountain side. For the details, the reader can refer to this previous blog post.
http://wherespaulnow.blogspot.ca/2012/03/sadie-and-pauls-big-adventure.html
Here is an excerpt:  Each step was a challenge, and with each step, Sadie would grab the ball and drop it down in front of me hoping I guess that I would pick it up and throw it, or at least kick it ahead. "No Sadie, we can't play ball right now."

 And here is a video of Sadie which was taken a year after our adventure, when I returned to Grand Forks to re-climb the hill,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K7q5JLHECA

and a view of the rocks as Sadie and I climbed up the hill, that I had fallen down in 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrEM0tC3o0

Along with her furball buddies, Bob and Blueberry, and her toad friend, Mr. Bumples, Sadie was there to keep me company while I began to heal from my tumble down the mountain.  For that I am most grateful.

I imagine that her owners are sad, and will miss having her around.

I'll finish with a sad Sadie song by the Spinners, titled "Sweet Sadie." It's not about a dog, but some of the lyrics are appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2K8O-78Tw0


living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment