not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, May 7, 2017

PRECIOUS MOMENTS

POST # 261


It's hard to believe that less than three weeks ago, I was hanging out with Bonnie and Clyde, who are featured in the photo above.  Bonnie is on the left and her brother Clyde on the right.  I made sure to take the time to be with these two whenever I could.  No doubt that they had a few things to teach me.  Here we are,  having some fun together.


I miss them, however I have my buddy Piper to hang out with for now,  and as long as I focus on him, then thoughts of Bonnie and Clyde are just pleasant memories to be filed away in my deteriorating brain, along with all the other memories of moments that no longer exist.  It's amazing that we even have the ability to do that.  These days though, I work on being as in the moment as I possibly can be.  It's not a very well honed skill for us humans, and that is one of the reasons why I  like to spend as much time as possible with the other critters in this world.  They continue to teach me that moments are all that we have, and all that we've ever had.  




Piper certainly appears to have this "living in the moment" thing worked out.  If there was a gold medal for it, Piper would have collected quite a few by now.


living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
  

No comments:

Post a Comment