not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, May 14, 2017

SO LONG FOR NOW, FURBALL

POST # 262



Poor old Piper, having to once again share his couch with the human. One wonders how he manages to get through another stress filled day?  Life sucks, eh Piper?
But there's good news, my furry friend. By this time tomorrow, I will have "traded you in" for another model of furball, and you'll have the whole couch all to yourself.   That's probably what you were dreaming about when I took this photo of you the other day. Always scheming, and not even behind my back. Where's the love?
Well all I can say is at least I had a good time, and something tells me that the past couple of weeks, haven't been too bad from your point of view either.  At least that's how I see it.

Even though it's now the middle of May, you sure wouldn't know it by the air temperature outside.  It feels closer to winter than summer.  But now that the jet stream is so out of whack as a result of the rapidly disappearing ice in the Arctic, it's almost impossible to predict what the day will bring. Here is a video link to explain the jet stream. https://youtu.be/_nzwJg4Ebzo. With the expectation that the Arctic ice could be gone completely later this year, the impact of that on the jet stream will be even more pronounced than it currently is.
 At least it's warmer than it was when I was here in December/ January.  Back then, Piper's owner had headed out to Newfoundland for a holiday.  She won an award while she was there. Here is her certificate as proof.


Thankfully, I haven't had to do any snow blowing during this current house sit.

That about wraps things up for now.  Piper gets the last word.


"I SLEEP, THEREFORE I AM"

living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment