not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

THOUGHTS OF PORT TOWNSEND AND FRANKIE THE BONEHEAD

POST #229

Introducing Frankie.  More on her in a moment.



My Port Townsend housesit is now over, and it was a wonderful experience in many ways. I am grateful for having had the opportunity.
I did one final trip down to the waterfront, and took a photo of my favourite reading spot, that I would go to every day.  Time to read, and then have an afternoon nap in the sunshine to work on my tan.  On this final day in town, the sun was nowhere to be seen, but it doesn't seem to matter to the three otters that were my daily companions at the seaside.


My friend Dahr was happy with all of the garden work that I completed during my three month stay.  Here we are standing in front of one of his apple trees, prior to my departure to the mainland.  The reason we are standing so far apart is because we were trying to show off the apples in the background, however it looks like we're trying to avoid each others smell. :-)



His girlfriend Laurie, took this photo, and I'll be returning to Port Townsend later in the month to housesit her place for just over a week, where I will be surrounded by three lovely furballs.

I'm back on the mainland now, hanging out for a while in Sudden Valley which is near Bellingham.  My friend Mary and I went on a walk the other day through the woods near here.  There were plenty of wonderful mossy trees to enjoy along the way.


Mary's friend, Dawn arrived yesterday for a short visit from Edmonds, WA, and she brought along her bonehead named Frankie.  Having been starved of dog company for three months, Frankie and I hit it off right from the start.  She's a real sweetheart.   Here are some recent photos of her.





As you can see by the above photos, she's pretty adorable.  I would be happy to housesit her anytime.

I'm enjoying my time here, and even though it isn't as quiet as the last place I was at, it's certainly a pleasant place to be for the time being.  Each day is precious.


living a life of profound acceptance,

Paul,
The Thoughtful Wanderer





No comments:

Post a Comment