not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

SOME FINAL PORT TOWNSEND THOUGHTS

POST # 232

 My recent housesit in Port Townsend is now history, however there are a few memories that need to be recorded here, starting with, Bogachiel the Malamute.


I had the good fortune to meet Bogachiel out front of one of the shops at the marina in Port Townsend. With a face like this, it would have been virtually impossible for me to not stop and say hello.  After spending almost an entire week with three furballs, it was a pleasant change to have some bonehead company for a while.  Bogachiel was happy as well, because there was plenty of cat odour on me for him to sniff.  He has an unusual name, so I asked the owners about it.  There is a state park on the Olympic peninsula with this name, and according to them, Bogachiel means, "muddy when wet."  No doubt, he lives up to his namesake during the rainy season, but he was looking pretty clean cut when I took this photo.

This last housesit had a nice view looking east, and I managed to capture this sunrise one morning.  


Prior to running into Bogachiel, I peddled past the tall ship that I had seen last week, and decided to take another photo.  The workers had removed the tarp and so I managed to get the whole ship in view.  It's name is the "Lady Washington".


I had some visitors pass through town while I was there.  Cathy and Jeanne are from Orcas Island, and they were doing a bike tour for a few days, so they stopped in at Port Townsend to say hello.  We had a wonderful visit, with plenty of thoughtful conversation, which is hard to come by these days, and  very much appreciated.  I first met Cathy almost 5 years ago to the day (October 1st 2011) when I arrived on Orcas Island for the very first time in order to housesit her three furballs.  This was my very first housesit after becoming intentionally homeless, as a result of selling my sailboat in Vancouver.  My last night on the boat was September 30th of that year, and I headed out bright and early the next morning, bound for Orcas.  I met Jeanne as a result of knowing Cathy.

Jeanne (L) and Cathy (R) at the Blue Moose Cafe which is located in the marina at Port Townsend.  The cafe was right next door to the shop where I had met Bogachiel a few days earlier, but unfortunately he wasn't there on this day.  

I also ran in to my friend Bill again, down on the waterfront, while he was out for his morning walk.  Since last visiting with him, I had sent him a printed copy of the blog I wrote which featured Bill, and he was very appreciative of the fact that I had done that.  We talked about that, and many other topics.  He's a great guy to visit with.  I decided to take a photo of the two of us and also do a video as well.








All in all, the past week in Port Townsend was time well spent as far as I am concerned.  I spent time with three lovely furballs, and also had a chance to catch up with friends.  

Now it's time to settle in at my new housesit in Bellingham.  


I've got fresh rhubarb growing outside which is a nice treat to have every now and again.

living a life of profound acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer





No comments:

Post a Comment