not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A MEMORY FROM 1962 and POLITICIANS

POST # 218

A memory from 1962 popped into my head during this past week.  Who knows the exact reason how that works, but I imagine it is due in part to some of the information that I came across recently.
Back to the memory.  I'm standing in the kitchen at my family home with my arms resting against the kitchen counter, and directly in front of the transistor radio that used to sit on the counter top.  What was being broadcast was information related to the Cuban missile crisis.  Even though at the tender age of seven, I couldn't quite grasp the seriousness of the situation, I do recall that there was a mood of anxiety in the house.

Fast forward to now.  I came across this article (letter) which certainly isn't going to be found anywhere in the mainstream media, especially here in the USA.
http://thesaker.is/a-russian-warning/
For those of us who have been following what's REALLY going on, this information made perfect sense to me.  I even had the opportunity a few years ago to meet one of the authors, Dmitri Orlov.
In addition to the above letter, I listened to a recent podcast of an interview with Stephen Cohen.  Again, this is news that you just won't find on FOX or CNN.
https://player.fm/series/the-john-batchelor-show/anakonda-16-on-the-russian-frontier-stephen-f-cohen-nyu-princeton-eastwestaccordcom

When one combines the information from the above two links, things don't look very rosy, just like back in 1962.

So here we are in the middle of 2016.  Somehow, we've managed to not blow ourselves to smithereens just yet.  I guess if abrupt climate change doesn't do us in, then maybe a fat finger on the nuclear button will.

Still, I am grateful for the fact that I have had an additional 54 years to exist here on planet earth.  It's been quite a ride, and it's not over yet.

Mother nature is still providing the occasional rainbow to enjoy in the meantime.



And one last thing.  As I am currently living in the USA, it's almost impossible to get through a day without being inundated with information regarding the upcoming Presidential election.  The whole thing is such a farce, in my opinion.  But don't take my word for it.  Listen to what a much wiser person had to say about politicians many years ago.  This same wise individual once stated, "when you arrived into this world, you were given a ticket to the freak show, and if you arrived in the USA, you got a front row seat." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUaqFzZLxU


Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment