not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, February 21, 2015

PIPPEN

POST # 156






There is an old dog, his name's Pippen,
I arrived when he'd just had a clippin',
He's looking quite sweet,
And his haircut's so neat,
I think I might have to just kiss him.

We go for a walk every night,
Kangaroos we see bound left and right,
He'd love to take chase,
But he'd soon lose the race,
So instead we just walk out of sight.

I tell him about near term extinction,
He looks at me with no conviction,
Be glad you're not human,
I say to amuse him,
Still, it seems like a valid prediction.


I'm pet sitting in New South Wales,
Where they used to stack wool up in bales,
Now the wool is all gone,
But the people live on,
Spending time telling each other tales.

I have to thank Benjamin the Donkey,
Even though this limerick's quite wonky,
He helps make me laugh,
'Cause we're all a bit daft,
In a world that is so very shonky.


Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer











No comments:

Post a Comment