not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, November 7, 2014

MY NEW CHUM,CHUMLEE

POST # 143

So I've had about a week and a half to settle in at my latest housesit here in Nanoose Bay, and it has allowed Chumlee the furball and me to become pretty good chums.



"CAN YOU PET ME PLEASE?"

"THANKS PAUL, THAT FEELS GREAT"


It didn't really take too long for the two of us to bond. Chumlee has a frisky streak to him, however he was unaware that he would have to deal with the cat whisperer. He seems to have accepted his fate, and we have come to enjoy our time together. In fact, he even takes time to help me out on the computer every now and again.

"MAKE SURE TO DO A SPELL CHECK, PAUL"


When he's not being my office assistant, he can be found just hanging around at times.

"I NEED A REST FROM ALL THAT OFFICE WORK"

Sometimes Chumlee likes to get a better overall view of his world, so he stations himself at this location, so that he can keep an eye on the housesitter.

"IT'S A GREAT VIEW, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE A CAT TO GET UP HERE"


When I'm not hanging out with my chum, Chumlee, and if the weather is co-operating, I make sure to get out for a bike ride with the fancy mountainbike that the owners left here for me to use. Some interesting sights can be seen along the journey.

\
FARMLAND CLOSE TO WHERE I CURRENTLY LIVE

A VERY OLD CAR, AND AN EXAMPLE OF THE FUTURE OF INDUSTRIAL CIVILIZATION

And finally, some pumpkin art left over from halloween.


Upon returning home, I can relax in the living room and gaze out at the backyard view of green things.


While this is happening, Chumlee can usually be found here, having his well earned afternoon nap.


As the day progresses into evening, Chumlee, having exhausted himself from all of his napping during the day, can almost always be found here on his cat perch, having a rest, in order to get in the mood for bed.


And finally, after a long day of r and r for the both of us, it's time to turn in.


Tomorrow is another precious day to look forward to with my new chum, Chumlee.



Happy trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer
















No comments:

Post a Comment