not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

BACK ON VANCOUVER ISLAND

POST # 142

An early 6am flight from Redmond Oregon, plopped me into SeaTac airport in Seattle for a couple of hours, prior to my second flight to Vancouver. With some time to spare I managed to get to the library and finally the ferry terminal in Horseshoe Bay for my journey to Nanaimo.

There I was met by Don, and we drove to Nanoose Bay to start my next house sit. So I'm back on the island with a new furball to care for. His name is Chumlee. He is a Siamese cross, so he certainly won't be as cuddly as Piper in Nanaimo, but then again, he's never spent time with the cat whisperer, so it will be a learning curve for both of us.

I'm just down the road from where I housesat almost three years ago, and it feels both strange and comfortable to be back here. Nanoose Bay is quite small and more rural than urban which I prefer these days. It's quiet.
Plus, the locals voted to not have street lights, so on a clear night, the sky is magnificent to gaze at.

So it's time to settle in, get to know Chumlee, and enjoy the area. The owners have supplied me with a bike, and I plan to take advantage of it while I'm here.

Happy Trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS. For those interested in a short video by my friend Pauline Schneider in which she spent a year following Guy McPherson on his travels, it can be found at this link.



http://guymcpherson.com/2014/10/pauline-schneiders-film/

It requires a password which is Going Dark. Make sure to use a capital G and a capital D and put a single space between the two words. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment