not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, June 14, 2014

MY DAILY RIDE

POST # 124


Since arriving here, I have tried to be consistent with a daily bike ride. I can always use the exercise and I get to enjoy the scenery along the way. For anyone interested in my route on google maps, it goes like this:

Leave 421 Miami River Drive, then,
McCombs Drive,
McPherson Road,
Hwy 9,
Hardy Rd-Golf Rd,
McCallum Road,
Birch Rd,
Else Rd,
Ashton Rd,
Pioneer Ave,
Fir Rd,
Mountain View Rd,
Tuyttens Rd,
Whelpton Rd,
Hwy 9 back to Agassiz,
then,
Hwy 9 back to McCallum Rd, and a return to home via the out bound route.

The distance is around 25km or perhaps a bit more, and for the most part the route doesn't have much traffic, which is why I have chosen it in the first place.

I had planned to add a few photos to this blog, but for some reason the computer is not co-operating, or maybe it's just me, falling back into my luddite-like computer skills. In any event, I seem to be lacking inspiration this morning, so I think I'll leave this as it is for now. Perhaps after I return from today's bike ride, I will be ready to add some more words and or photos.

So I am back from my ride and here are a few photos.



Cows in paddock along Birch Rd.


...and of course, my goat and sheep buddies on Hardy Rd.



Plus some flowers, to brighten up the place.

Happy Trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer








1 comment:

  1. Hi BHS,
    Glad to see you are continuing the blog. Apologies it's been a while.
    Cheers,
    BHJ

    ReplyDelete