not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, December 7, 2013

THE MUD HUT RE-REVISITED

POST # 98

This is my third visit to the Mud Hut here in southwestern New Mexico. I arrived yesterday after the long journey from Seattle via San Francisco and Tucson. A few airport benches along the way helped to round out my trip.

My friend Guy, met me at the Greyhound station in Lordsburg and we arrived safe and sound in late afternoon. I am very happy to be back here because with each passing day, the moments spent seem more and more precious than the last. I suspect that this may be my last trip to the Mud Hut but I don't know that for sure. However, I continue to be amazed that our industrial way of life continues to limp along. I can't help but think that things may all fall into a heap in 2014, but somehow the powers that be, manage to find enough duct tape and wire to keep things running.

So I am here now to spend time with like minded souls and enjoy the moments while we can. Since my last trip here, there are now three goats and two dogs instead of the reverse back in May. In addition there are two turkeys. Actually, they were here before but were only days old at the time. Now they are huge.

I'm not sure what's in store for the weekend but I'm just happy to be here one more time. Guy and I drive back to Tucson on Monday and I'll be heading back north soon after to mind the baby boneheads, Jackson and Peach one more time. That's always fun.

That's all for now. I have more words to write but writing on an iPod is much slower than a laptop so let's call it a day shall we? Apologies for any errors or omissions.

Happy Trails

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

1 comment:

  1. Last time mt arse! See you on the road to oblivion my friend:)

    ReplyDelete