not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

POLLY, PEUGEOT AND LAMINGTON

POST # 85

After a travel day yesterday across the water from Anacortes to Sidney B.C. I have arrived at my current housesit here in North Saanich. This time I am in charge of three, four legged friends. Polly the aussie cat, that likes to stay close by, Peugeot the younger more adventurous of the felines and finally Lamington the mutt, or as I like to say, bonehead who at this early stage of the housesit looks likely to be a real treat and lots of fun. So it's two furballs and one bonehead for the next three weeks. I won't be lonely.

The owner, Ann, just left this morning for a trip to Portugal and I only arrived back from the airport a few minutes ago after dropping her off. The area I am situated in is quite rural, mostly one acre properties, so there is plenty of greenery to enjoy and the peace and quiet are most welcome.

Today will be a day to settle in, and get to know the pets as well as the area. I did manage to find my way back to the house from the airport so that is a good start. Later I will probably head out for my standard bike ride, that is, if the weather co-operates. It's looking rather foggy and grey out there at the moment, but we'll see how the day goes.

A trip into town later today to get a few supplies might be on my list of things to do. Sidney is the closest place, and is only about fifteen minutes away at the most. I will try to limit my visits to town, so that I can enjoy this country living as much as possible.

Back in September.

Happy Trails

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul, I just missed ya!
    I was on the island a week or so ago, most of the time I spent biking & walking in/near Victoria, but did catch the ferry and spent a good beachcomber's day on Sidney Spit
    Nice area,enjoy your time there!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just missed you Paul, by 10 days or so...check out Sidney Spit if you can before you go...spent some nice 'while-away' time there
    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete