not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, September 7, 2013

LAMI BON AMI, THE CAT FROM OZ AND THE WANDERING FURBALL

POST # 86

Now, I have come to know plenty of dogs in all my travels, however the dog here called Lami has certainly become a good friend (bon ami) since my arrival last month. I could call her "glue" dog or "24hr" dog and both titles would suite just as well. She is constantly by my side and she has been a wonderful companion. I can see now why the owner thinks so highly of Lami. I will certainly miss her company when I leave here later this month.

The cat from Oz which goes by the name of Polly is somewhat like Lami in the fact that she is usually in the same vacinity as I am. This goes for bedtime as well, and even though I sleep in a very large bed, Polly snuggles up to my right side, and Lami on the left, so that I am the human "meat" in the pet sandwich. It took a couple of nights to get used to this but we all seem to have found our spots and the night passes uneventfully.

The third member of the four legged tribe is Peugeot the cat. Peugeot could also be called Wanderer or MIA cat as he pops in every now and again. I'm not quite sure where he gets to and sometimes he's gone for a day or two, and then, poof, he appears and the bed becomes even more crowded than before.

Together, they make an interesting group of critters, and it's been a joy to get to know them all, over these last couple of weeks. I am quite sure I will miss them after I leave, however I know there are more animals right around the corner to keep me amused.

The area here in North Saanich is very rural and extremely peaceful, and I do like that aspect of it. It's only a few kilometers from Sidney, so any supplies that I may require are close at hand.

Having just done a proof read of this latest blog, I would have to come to the conclusion that it is certainly one of the least interesting blogs I have composed, however, sometimes my brain isn't as creative as I would like it to be, or else it is somewhat pre-occupied with other things at the moment and I think it's the latter, that is the case today. Perhaps next week will be different.

Happy trails,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer





No comments:

Post a Comment