not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, September 14, 2024

SUCCESS AND FAILURE

 POST # 614

My plan failed.  In last week's blog post, I mentioned that I was working on a plan to retrieve my iPod Touch device, in order to once again have the ability to post photos on the blog.

The first part of the plan worked perfectly. I did get my iPod back.

Last Wednesday, I once again boarded an Amtrak train to Washington.  I was up very early in the morning, in order to be at the station just after 6 am.  The train arrived on time mid morning, and I had the entire day to spend with Mary and Dora-dog.  Mary of course was expecting me, but Dora-dog seemed quite surprised that I was back so soon after leaving on September 6th.  Be that as it may, it didn't take her long to think that everything was back to normal, now that her second favourite human was back.

Unfortunately, the visit was only going to be a short one, and when we headed back to the train station that evening, Dora-dog knew that something was up. Sadly, I said goodbye once again to Mary and Dora-dog, and waited for the train to arrive.  Once again, it was almost an hour behind schedule, and with various delays along the way, due to freight train traffic, we arrived at 11:22 pm at the station in Vancouver.  Thankfully, this time I breezed through Customs, and I walked in the door at 11:48 pm.

Ollie was very happy to see me.  We had a visit, but it wasn't long before I was crawling into bed, as it had been a very long day indeed.

So my plan to retrieve my iPod was a success, but the failure part of the plan, is that for some reason, I cannot download any photos onto my computer from it, and I am not sure why that is.  So that is the failure part of the plan.

I'll keep tinkering around, to see if I can add some photos, and if I am successful, they will be added later.  If not, then maybe from now on, this will end up being a words only blog.  I guess we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, Ollie seems happy, as long as he has a human slave to feed him, and play with him in between his naps.  


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment