not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, June 21, 2024

SUMMER HAS ARRIVED

 POST # 603

The summer solstice arrived yesterday, June 20th, just before 2 pm, here on the west coast of North America, and shortly thereafter, I once again boarded an Amtrak train to head south to Washington to spend some precious time with Mary and Dora-dog.

I decided to take a photo of this unusual sculpture which is located at the border crossing.  I'm not really sure what it is meant to illustrate, but it is certainly unique.

The train arrived about twenty minutes behind schedule, due to a delay waiting for a coal train to pass us by.  I counted 136 cars of coal, heading to Canada, and probably en route to China after that.

Mary and Dora-dog were at the station to greet me, and soon we were home.

As always, I am looking to spending time with both of them, prior to heading back to my next house sit gig on Vancouver Island.

A short post today, as few words seem to be popping into my ageing brain.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer








No comments:

Post a Comment