not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

THE LOGAN CAPER

 POST # 587

LOGAN


CAPER

It's once again time for the Logan Caper affair.  That's right.  I arrived here yesterday, after departing Vancouver, to head over to the island.  It's been just over a year since I last took care of these two critters, and even though Logan hasn't changed, thankfully Caper is somewhat less hyperactive than she was the last time that I was here.  For that, I am grateful indeed.

Caper still has plenty of energy though, so I imagine that she will keep me busy during my stay.  Logan, on the other hand, will spend most of his day probably sleeping, so that makes my job a little easier.  

This is only a short sit, as my friends leave here tomorrow to head off on their journey to Florida, and I will be departing here on March 1st to head to Nanaimo for my next sit.  On that day, I'll be handing off the Logan Caper affair to some other folks, who will remain here until my friends return from their journey south.

This is most certainly one of my favourite locations, as it's out in the country, which means two things.  It's dark at night, and it's very quiet. Dark and quiet are a nice change from the lights and noise of Vancouver.  

So I am looking forward to some quality time with these two critters, and with any luck the weather might even co-operate during my stay here.  And if the weather doesn't pan out, then at least the three of us can hang out together inside our cozy wood heated log cabin in the woods.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment