not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

FROM TOBY, TO OLLIE

 POST # 586


I captured this photo of a very happy looking Toby, just a couple of hours prior to my departure last week.  But as I was walking out the door to head to the bus station, he was anything but happy.  He really didn't want me to leave, and his actions proved that point.  It was sad to see him like that, as I made my departure.  I will assume that by now, he's back to his normal self, and enjoying each and every day without his house sitting friend.

The bus to Vancouver was forty minutes late, and on more than one occasion during that period, I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to arrive.  But it did, and we were on our way.  It made for a late arrival into Vancouver.

And now I'm back here, taking care of my furball friend, Ollie.  He appears to be happy that I am back, at least that's how I interpret his look.


By this time next week, I will have moved on, once again.  Mind you, I don't expect the same reaction from Ollie, as I received from Toby when I say goodbye to him.  He'll probably just yawn, and go back to sleep, that is, if he's not already sleeping when I make my departure.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment