not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, January 14, 2024

WANDERING TO LAKE COUNTRY

 POST # 582


It would have been exciting to arrive by helicopter at my current house sit gig, but that wasn't the case.  Instead, for the first time ever, I boarded an E-Bus for my journey eastward to where I now sit, typing these words.


In spite of the cold weather, it was a sunny day to take a bus journey, and I captured this photo of Mount Baker as I travelled towards my destination.


The bus departed at 2:15 pm, arriving about an hour later than expected at my destination of Kelowna airport.  At that point, I waited for the arrival of my house sit client, and it was about another half hour journey to my current location.

I had a very good visit with the owners, Rick and Claire, as Toby the bonehead looked on.  As expected, he was somewhat wary of the new visitor to the house, but after a few ear scratches, he began to warm up to this stranger.  

That all happened on Friday.  Yesterday the owners headed off on their vacation, so now it's just Toby and me to keep one another company.  He's now my buddy.  That didn't take long.


Toby is a mini Aussie shepherd with plenty of energy.  No doubt he will keep me amused during my stay at this manificent location overlooking Woods Lake,  in Lake Country, just a short drive north of the city of Kelowna.


*grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

* In light of a recent close call with death this past week, I am even more grateful than ever to be continuing on this journey called life.


No comments:

Post a Comment