not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

TRIXIE'S NEW BROOD

 POST # 544


The above photo of Trixie was taken during my most recent house sit at her place, just last month.  She was waiting for a treat, as always, and it wasn't long after,  that her wish was granted.  How could I stare in those eyes, and not give her a treat?

Fast forward to March, and this is what is now happening in Trixie's life.


That's right.  Trixie is now a mom.  There seems to be an anxious look on her face, but perhaps that's just my human take on her expression.  In any event, she now has more important things to concern herself with than the occasional treat dispensed from the resident house sitter.  She has now become a "treat" dispenser for seven, yes that's correct, seven little pups.  They were born on March 21st, and I drove up to visit them when they were just three days old.  Six females and one lone male.  
Here is another view.


They all look quite relaxed when this photo was taken.  The majority of the pups have zonked out for the time being, and Trixie is probably exhausted.  I doubt if she'll be doing any frisbee chasing in the backyard for quite some time.  She's got more important things to keep her occupied right now.  Here is one more pup photo to round things out.


I had the opportunity to visit Trixie and her pups, because I am in Qualicum Beach at my current house sit, so it was only a short five minute drive to go for a visit.  I'm glad that I took the time to do so.  That was four days ago, and by now, those same pups will have increased in size by a significant amount.  In no time at all, they'll be keeping Trixie busier than she has ever been in her entire life.  

Back here at my other house sit, I mentioned all of this to Dee Dee, and this was her reaction.


It looks like she approves of Trixie's new additions.  And for Dee Dee, the best part is that she is carefree in comparison.  All she has to concern herself with are treats, walks, and naps.  Trixie has a much busier schedule than Dee Dee has right now, and in the foreseeable future.

The owners arrive back home this coming Friday, so I will try and maximise my time with Dee Dee as much as I can over the next few days.  I may even get a second opportunity to check out Trixie's brood.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer




No comments:

Post a Comment