not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

DOUG HAS A LAUGH

 POST # 530


As we were relaxing on the couch the other day, Doug seemed to have a bored look in his eyes.  I was pondering what I could do to help spice up his afternoon, and then I came up with an idea.  What Doug needed was a laugh, and what better way to get that reaction from him, but to tell him my favourite dog joke.
For regular readers, the joke has already been recorded at this blog, and here is a link if you missed it.

So I proceeded to tell him the joke, to see what his reaction would be.  His expression says it all.

He laughed, and laughed, and laughed some more.  He laughed so much that he wore himself out doing so, and soon afterwards, he had to retire to his favourite bed and have a nap.

I've got about another twenty four hours with Doug, as the owner arrives home tomorrow afternoon.  We'll try and make the most of that time together, and if I think up anymore dog jokes, Doug will be the first one I try it out on.


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment