not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, October 28, 2022

FINAL THOUGHTS FROM THE MANSION

 POST # 524


As I was walking home last night in the pouring rain, I came across this big black cat.  Typically, they don't appreciate getting wet, but this one seemed to be enjoying the evening.  In fact, it was looking rather aggressive, so I quickly continued on my journey.

It's that time of year again, so this place was one of many in the neighbourhood with a few new additions in their front yards.  By next week, all will be back to normal, whatever constitutes normal these days.

It was raining heavily the day before as well, but the koi seemed to take it all in stride.  Just another day in paradise, floating around in their pond out back.  The temperatures are starting to cool off now, and once the water temperature hits 10 C or lower,  I have to stop feeding them.  They will then go through many months without food of any kind which is really quite amazing.  Come next spring, the whole cycle will start again.  

As the season progresses, the flowers are now dying and I have been busy trimming bushes in the yard, as well as giving the lawn one last trim prior to my imminent departure next week.  I have been most fortunate to enjoy these flowers while I've been here.



This second flower will always remind me of Murphy.  I shared the photo of Murphy "standing" on this type of flower back in my September 21st post.  He was a great bonehead to spend time with, and the mansion has been a lot quieter this time around.  The cycle of life and death continues.


This will be my final post from my current location and next Wednesday I will once again be moving on to a new location.  At this point in time, I have a plan for where I will be going next, but I have one hurdle to jump in order to get there.  I won't go into details right now, but by the time I write my first post for November, I will be able to fill in all the blanks.  If for some reason I am unable to post on November 7th, as it is expected to be a busy day, I will make sure to post the following day.

I have certainly enjoyed my time here, in spite of Murphy's absence, and if I have another opportunity in the future, I will be more than happy to return.  After all, I'm sure the koi will be missing me.

grateful for every breath,


Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer





No comments:

Post a Comment