not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, March 14, 2022

DOUG-LESS

 POST # 494



It's a toss up to figure out who looks the saddest.  Is it Doug, or is it The Thoughtful Wanderer?  I've been here for just over a month, and today the owner arrives home.  I'm sure that any sadness that Doug is currently experiencing will instantly disappear as soon as she shows up.  It will take The Thoughtful Wanderer somewhat longer to get over not being around Doug.  Ah well, such is the life of a wandering house/pet sitter.

We've had plenty of time for play, and I am very sure that we both had fun during our daily play sessions.








And after our daily walk through the woods near the beach, Doug gets enough exercise that during the ride home, he settles into my lap, as we head back to Nanoose Bay.  Another good day for the both of us.


But as the old saying goes, "all good things must come to an end" and today is one of those days where the saying holds true.  Perhaps I will have another opportunity to spend time with Doug in the future, so I will hold on to that thought as time goes by.

I'll be heading back to the big city today, and that will most certainly be a shock, after the peace and tranquillity here in Nanoose Bay.  But it's only for a bit longer than a week, at which time I'll be back on the island en route to my next sit at a new location in Qualicum Beach.  I will have a different bonehead to play with, and if I  haven't gotten over my sadness by then, I'm sure that the new bonehead will help cheer me up. 


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS: More sadness.  I found out earlier in the week that Murphy, a bonehead that I came to know and love, died.  That news made me sad, but certainly not as sad as his owners are right now.  It's just another gentle reminder to enjoy each and every moment.  Here is a link to a post I wrote when I was at Murphy's place, back in 2018.

PPS: Happy birthday Bill.



No comments:

Post a Comment