not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, February 28, 2022

EAGLEVILLE B.C.

 POST # 492


The caption reads in part, "Dynamic Duo: PBQ News reader Earl Geddes shares this fantastic shot. "Caught these two bald eagles practising their landings at Deep Bay.  They seem to be urging each other on as they make the landing," he said.  

I am very fortunate to be living for the moment in "Eagleville, BC", otherwise known as Nanoose Bay.  Granted, I didn't personally see the two eagles featured on the front page of the local newspaper, however on most days, I see an eagle or two.  In fact, a couple of days ago,  I counted six of these beautiful birds soaring above the property I am currently house sitting with Doug the dog.


After a bit of time trying to align the ipod camera lens with my binocular lens, I managed to take the above photo.  This particular eagle was perched in the tree directly across the street.  There it remained until dark, which was probably the better part of two hours.

I suppose I could spend the entire day, just sitting and staring out the front window, as there is more than enough bird life to keep me amused, however Doug has different ideas.  One of those ideas is for me to take him to one of the local parks near the beach, so that we can go for our daily walk.  He's a hand full to be sure, but we seem to have managed so far.  One of the places that we do go, has some magnificent old trees, and I do love walking amongst these giants.  Similar to staring up at the stars in the night sky, I gaze at these majestic works of nature, and once again, I feel very insignificant in the greater scheme of things in the universe.


After we return home, have a couple of games of chase the ball in the front room, followed by Doug's evening meal, it's time for the old bonehead to relax, and contemplate tomorrow, which will be almost an exact repeat from today, however he never seems to tire of the routine.  And neither do I for that matter.


And finally, just a small follow up to last week's blog post where I mentioned my lost house sit opportunity.  The very next day I came across this graph, and I suppose I could have sent it along to the owner who declined my offer to house sit due to my vaccination status, but what would be the point?  She had obviously made up her mind, and I doubt that this new information would have changed it.  But in the interest of anyone else, here it is.  It would appear that I am at much less risk of catching Covid than people who are vaccinated.  

So I would like to think that this will be the last information that I'll post regarding Covid, but I think I already said that sometime last year.  So who knows?

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment