not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, November 28, 2021

LOGAN #2

 POST # 480

                                                                     LOGAN

 So it's now official. I now know two Logans.  The Logan featured here has fur all over, four legs and a tail.  The other Logan, only has fur on his face, two legs and no tail.  He was one of the people that I trained to operate an Aquabus many years ago.  I'm not sure what the other Logan is up to today, but this Logan is enjoying his life here on Vancouver Island, at my latest house sit.

This is just a short one week sit, as my friends have gone away to visit people they know, and they needed someone to care for Logan.  Mind you, he's a very independent soul, so my job is easy.  I just make sure that his food dish is topped up each day, and he just does his own thing.  

With all of the rain that we've been having, it was a welcome break to have a day with sunshine recently.  I decided to take a couple of photos in order to capture this rare phenomenon.

 



And it certainly was rare.  The next day we were back into the rain, which has seemed non-stop for so very long.   I for one have seen enough of it to last me for quite a while.

At least I have a good wood stove to keep me warm and dry, so I am thankful for that.  I also have the company of Logan who was a bit shy at first, but he has now come under the spell of the cat whisperer.  That didn't take very long.



I'll only be here until next Friday, and then it will be time to head off to a new location and a new furball which I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.  In the meanwhile, I'll take every opportunity this week to spend time with Logan, so that if I do come back for another visit at some point in the future, he'll remember me, and we can pick up right where we left off this week.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
And a PS.  I always think of my dad today as it would have been his birthday, if he was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment