not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, October 14, 2021

WAS OCTOBER 12th MY FINAL FLIGHT ?

 POST # 474*


I debated whether or not I should attach a "?" at the end of today's blog post title.  After all, none of us really know what our future holds.  So for that reason, there is a question mark.  However, the more I think about it, the more that I feel that October 12th really was my last flight.  From my point of view, it seems pretty straight forward.  As of October 30th in Canada, no jab, "no flight for you."  I don't have any plans to fly anywhere prior to that date, and I also have no plans of ever getting the jab, so unless the legislation changes, I guess I won't be flying anywhere after that date.  

The owners arrived home on the 11th, and seeing as I had a ride to the airport that day (with the owner's father), I chose to take advantage of a free lift.  Of course, that meant that I would be at the airport for more than 24 hours, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time.  I found a good bench outside, and a semi-comfortable floor inside to nap upon, and the time went by faster than expected.

Outdoor sleeping spot

                                                        Dramatic sunset on October 11th

                                                           Final photo of Charlie just prior to leaving

                                                    And the final photo of Goo and Twain


Of course, I'll miss these three furballs, as I do with all of the others that I have cared for over the years, but it is the nature of the work that I do.  I feel fortunate to have met them at all.  And by now, I'm sure that they have totally forgotten me.

It was a very enjoyable location to spend some time, but one flight later, I am now back in British Columbia.  The flight was only about four and a half hours long, but it seemed to take forever.  Being stuck in a middle seat didn't help.  

Over the decades, I have been on too many flights to recall, some very long and some short.  I loved flying so much that I even got my pilot's license back in 1991.  But nowadays,  it just isn't the same as it used to be.  So perhaps, if October 12th does end up being my final flight, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all.

grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
* Many flights over the years were upon a 747, so I find it an odd thing that this post is 474.





                                                          


2 comments:

  1. Uncle Paul why would you not get a vaccine?? Asking as your medically trained niece🧐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your continued readership, Melissa. The short answer to your question, is that I've read more than enough information to convince me that it would be unwise for me to do so.

    ReplyDelete