not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, October 21, 2021

THE THOUGHTFUL WANDERER TURNS 10 TODAY

 POST # 475

                                                         Say what???

  That's right, Eunice.  It was ten years ago today, that this thing called "The Thoughtful Wanderer" began.  At that time, you would have just been a young pup,  and a fellow wanderer, navigating the streets of Mexico City, possibly wondering where your next meal would be coming from. Now, you live on easy street, here in Nanaimo, BC.

I, on the other hand, had just arrived in Lake Oswego, Oregon to begin another house sit, my second one since I had sold my sailboat.  The place in Lake Oswego had been a referral from my previous location on Orcas Island, so it had been a very smooth transition from one location to the next.

I'm not exactly sure why I chose October 21, 2011 to begin this blog, but I am sure glad that I did start.  It has been a wonderful way to recall all of the many amazing places, and even more amazing animals (which includes some human ones) that I have had the great good fortune to get to know over the past decade. 

As I sit here now, that starting date feels like it was much longer ago.  Time can be a bit funny in that regard. 

Today, I find myself back at a place that I did a sit back in late 2011.  Back then, I only had Myrtle the bonehead, but now, in addition to Eunice, there is also a furball named Apollo.


This is only a short engagement, so I will barely have any time to get to know these two, prior to moving on to my next sit.  But a short time is better than no time at all, so the three of us will try and make the most of it.
 
Finishing off where it all began, here is a link to my original post.
 

grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer


1 comment:

  1. What a great image of Eunice! Perfect ear capture! Doing her best Yoda impression!

    ReplyDelete