not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, August 23, 2021

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

 POST # 467


As I mentioned last week, I would be posting this entry a couple of days behind schedule.  So here it is.  I have decided to put in a bunch of photos.  How's the old saying go, "a picture is worth a thousand words."

It has been a busy week.  After a wonderful day spent in the town of Gibson's Landing, my wandering continued as the week progressed.

Last Friday, I boarded the Skytrain, followed by two bus journeys and about a 45 minute walk, which got me to Peace Arch Park (the American portion) where I had the opportunity to spend some very precious time with dear Mary, and Dora-dog.  We enjoyed a few hours together, and then it was time to do my journey in reverse, and head back to Vancouver.











The next day, I headed to Horseshoe Bay, to board a charter boat to Gambier Island where I would meet up with my friend Jody.




That's him standing on the dock, prior to our arrival.




It was an extremely pleasant time spent there this past weekend, and it included a visit to a property that has apple and pear trees that were planted almost 150 years ago.  Yes, that is actually a pear tree featured below.  


Here is one of the views from Jody's property, looking south towards Bowen Island.


We returned on Jody's boat last night.  It was interesting to see a ferry go by, and I was amazed at just how fast they travel.  

Jody decided to take a photo of the two happy sailors just prior to docking back in Vancouver.  


And finally, I decided to include this photo, which I took on the Skytrain last week.  This is the world we live in now.  Everyone seems to be more interested in what their smart phone is telling them, instead of interacting with each other.  I think that it is a sad state of affairs.  But hey, what do I know?  I'm just an old fart wandering around from place to place, enjoying nature, interacting with other humans and playing with dogs and cats.  I must be missing out on something. Maybe so, but I won't be buying a smart phone any time soon.


grateful for every breath,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment