not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, May 7, 2021

THE TILE TASK

 POST # 453


While Dora-dog relaxes in the shade, contemplating her next adventure, The Thoughtful Wanderer continues to try and keep himself occupied by doing little projects.  The most recent one was to place some tiles in front of the shed. 

The task took longer than I had anticipated, as it was a tricky affair trying to get the tiles level.  However, after lots of puttzing around, I was happy with the result.  The object of the exercise was to offer Dora-dog a more comfortable place to relax, instead of having to do this on a gravel surface.  Of course, now that the work has been completed, she hasn't bothered to test out the new arrangement.  Go figure.  She seems to have come to the conclusion that the newly stained deck is a preferable option. I bet that if I now removed the tiles, she'd be right back there in front of the shed.  You can't please all of the boneheads all of the time.

After the work was done, it was time to head back inside and relax.  Dora-dog came alongside, and gave me this look.

What was she trying to convey to me through those eyes?  Perhaps she was thinking that I had worked too hard on the tiles.  Then, as if to confirm this prognosis, she decided to spend a few moments licking my wounds.


No doubt there will be more projects to tackle while I am still here.  I am more than happy to help out.  It's the least I can do.  


grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment