not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, May 21, 2021

A WINDOW TURNS INTO A DOOR

POST # 455

 Following up on the story from last week, I am pleased to report that what was formerly a window, has now turned into a door.  Everyone including Dora-dog is pleased with this new arrangement.

I had planned to include a few photos to tell the story, however I am having difficulty with that task.  Apparently Yahoo Mail is down at the moment, so I am unable to upload photos. 

The work crew arrived as planned on Tuesday, and after a day long effort, their work was done.   Needless to say, Dora-dog wasn't impressed with these strangers hanging around for so long, but after they departed, and she had her first opportunity to try out the new door,  she was a happy camper indeed.  From now on, she can sit in the living room and stare out the door watching for squirrels.

I spent yesterday and today re-painting the outside wall of the house, and if I don't mind saying so, it looks pretty damn good.  There were a few anxious moments today, when I was way up high on a ladder, with a paint brush in one hand and a container of paint in the other in order to paint the peak of the wall.  Thankfully it all went well, and the job is now finished.  Mary is pleased with the result.  I am pleased that I didn't fall.

Aside from a small amount of drywall work to do on the inside, the job is now done.  


Update: The photos are now in.


 





grateful for every breath,


Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment