not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, December 14, 2019

SO LONG TO MARY AND DORA-DOG AND ONWARDS TO VANCOUVER ISLAND

POST # 386



For the few readers last week, who may not have been able to guess the identity of "that four-legged critter" that I made reference to, please see the above photo.   Here is Dora-dog enjoying a relaxed moment, about half way through one of our daily walks.  Her face says it all.  It's great to be alive.

Here is a random selection of photos of my favourite bonehead in the world.  We've had the opportunity to spend the better part of a week together, while my dear friend Mary, visited her grandchildren in Oregon.  I've tried to spend as many moments as possible in Dora-dog's company.  I'm not sure which one of us has benefited the most, but it has been an absolute joy to spend this time together.


PRE-WALK

POST WALK

ON SQUIRREL WATCH

PLAYING WITH THE LACROSSE BALL I FOUND IN PLEASANTVILLE, NEW YORK
aka the PLB (Pleasantville Lacrosse Ball or Paul's Little Ball)

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY

RESTING WITH MY FAVOURITE HOUSE SITTER

But as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and so it is with this most recent house/pet sit.  Today, I have to say so long to Mary and Dora-dog, as I move on to my next venue on Vancouver Island.  According to Mary, Dora-dog mopes around for a while after I leave, and that makes me sad.  But I know that she is in very good hands.  Mary after all, was the one who rescued Dora-dog almost two years ago.  I think that it has been a win-win, or more accurately a win-win-win, if I include myself in that group.


BOLTBUS MAKES ME VERY SAD




MARY ARRIVING HOME YESTERDAY



maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer





No comments:

Post a Comment