not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, December 21, 2019

RETURN TO EAST SOOKE

POST# 387



MY DAILY WALK IN THE RAINFOREST



As Earth continues its relentless journey around the sun, transporting along with it approximately 7.7 billion human passengers, we today enter the final Winter Solstice of the first decade of the 21st century.  This particular passenger finds himself back in the exact same spot as he was last year.

I guess that I must be doing something right when it comes to house/pet sitting, because the majority of my sits are return engagements.  Either the owners appreciate my "work" or maybe their pets seem happy and content when the owners return home.  Whatever the reason, I continue to be extremely grateful for the opportunity to enjoy this lifestyle, and I am thankful that there are many generous and trusting people who help me to remain on this path.  Being intentionally homeless helps motivate me to keep my calendar full.  

On this day a year ago, I was without power or running water, but so far on this return sit, everything is working just fine, including the wood stove, which was another issue that I had to deal with last year.  The critters are content, and so am I. 

Speaking of the critters, this post wouldn't be complete without a couple of photos of the two of them.

TRINITY & LEELOO
(Trinity by the woodstove)

ANOTHER CHALLENGING DAY PET SITTING

And now it's almost time to head out for my daily walk, which by the looks of it, will be a dry one for a change.  The photo below was taken just yesterday as I returned back home.


maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer




2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Paul....its been awhile, I know....but Id like to let you know I think of you at times and what you might be doing and thinking , now and again,with affection. I am
    Really glad to see you are still on your chosen path in life, and still writing...I haven't been on my own Blogspot since 2013....will check in with you again. Please contact us anytime,we-that's Daryl too - would truly like to hear from you sometime.Our ( we still have a landline #...no cells for us Luddites yet ) phone is 403-277-9978.Again, it's good to see you are OK.Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Chris. Good to know that you and Daryl are still alive and kicking, back in cowtown.
    If I ever get back that way, I'll be sure to look you up.

    ReplyDelete