not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Sunday, April 14, 2019

THE YORKIES OF NEW YORK

POST # 354


L-R LILOU, BROWNIE, AND DEVO

Check out this pack of mongrels.  Actually they aren't mongrels at all.  These baby boneheads are 100% Yorkshire Terriers, or Yorkies for short.  And speaking of short, they certainly are.  What a change from big old Doug, the chocolate lab from earlier this year.  I need to always be watching underfoot, as I would hate to step on any of them.   If that happened, I'm sure they would let me know about it.

I've been here for just over two weeks now.  Here, is at my friend's place in Pleasantville, New York, which is located about and hour and a half north of New York city.  My friends, Guy and Pauline are on a speaking tour way over on the other side of the continent.  They'll be visiting, Alaska, California, and finally Oregon, prior to returning here to Yorkie central.

Speaking of Pleasantville, it certainly earns its name as far as I am concerned.  I have been making a point to go on a daily walk around the neighbourhood, and I always see something pleasant.  It feels more like a little village, and it's hard to believe that I'm so close to "The Big Apple."

Back to the Yorkies.  We've now settled into a very comfortable routine, and I am happy and content at this location.  The Yorkies of New York appear to be happy as well, and as each day passes, I get to know their behaviour better.  Lilou always wants to be the centre of attention, Devo likes to chase a ball which is almost as big as he is, out on the deck, and Brownie just sits around most of the time.

I'll be here for a while, and I'll get to know the antics of each of  The Yorkies of New York even better as the days go by.  No doubt, they still have many things to teach me, and I'm looking forward to being their student.

maximizing my moments,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

















No comments:

Post a Comment