not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

ENJOY YOUR LIFE

POST #287





No matter how many times I read this cartoon, it makes me laugh, in spite of the fact that it appears that the man has just suffered a heart attack.  The wisdom here is that none of us really know which moment will be our last, and that's all the more reason to appreciate the time we have, and if possible, fill it with as much laughter as we can.  I think that's pretty good advice for anyone. It would be a rare day indeed when I couldn't find something to laugh about, and for that I am grateful. 

Now if the above cartoon isn't enough to put a smile on your face then perhaps the following infographic can help.  It illustrates the odds of you even being born in the first place, something I never gave much or any thought to, until it was mentioned to me some years ago by my dear friend, Guy.  Knowing how extremely thin the odds are of being born should help a person handle some of the challenges that life always throws in the way.  I've learned so many things from my almost five year friendship with Guy,  but if I only retained this amazing fact about how extremely rare it is that I was even born, it's enough.
http://www.businessinsider.com/infographic-the-odds-of-being-alive-2012-6

Finally for today's very short blog post, and seeing as I have a bit of a reputation for being "the date guy," today's date always reminds me of two days in my  history that were both very memorable for different reasons.  I may have mentioned them before, but hey, what the hell.  On November 21st, 1978, I flew to Antarctica, and then 20 years later on November 21st, 1998 I got married.  The flight to Antarctica wasn't that much shorter than the marriage, and somehow I managed to survive both events.  It all seems so very long ago now.

living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
PS: I may or may not be in a wifi area for my next two scheduled posts on November 28th, and then again on December 7th but I will try my best, and if unsuccessful, then there should be plenty to talk about on December 14th.




No comments:

Post a Comment