not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, April 14, 2017

PART 4 of THE BELIZE ADVENTURE (departing soon)

POST # 258


Throughout my entire visit here in Belize, I've yet to see a single moose, and the weather has been much too warm for snowmobiling. The signs above are posted in front of some "crazy Canuck's" place just up the road from here.  Perhaps they're from the Yukon, and they miss the place?  That's understandable, because the Yukon can have that affect upon a person. Robert Service and Jack London come to mind.  Or perhaps they just have a good sense of humour? Whatever the reason for the signs, seeing them made me laugh during my bike ride into San Antonio village, which is about three kilometres from where I've been staying. 
If one spends time on the roads here in Belize, you'll be sure to come across this sign every now and again:
This certainly portrays the idea of a " silent policeman " quite well.   There is a speed bump at this particular point on the road, however the road has so many bumps and potholes, adding speed bumps seems a bit redundant as far as I am concerned. 
I have many more photos and a few videos that I would like too share, but I think I'll save them for a future post when I have a desk top computer to work from. By then I'll be back in the frozen North, and some tropical pictures might be just what the doctor ordered. 
My time in Belize is rapidly coming to a close and it's hard to believe that I arrived here back on March 15th. 
My friends and hosts, Guy and Pauline have been more generous than words can express, and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to spend so much precious time with them. 
Years ago, as I was saying goodbye at the Mud Hut after my very first visit, I said that it might be the one and only time that I would be there.  History shows that I went back there for a total of seven visits. 
I'll be saying goodbye soon to my friends after my first visit to the Stardust Sanctuary Farm,  here in Belize. Will it be my last visit?  I want to believe that it won't be. Only time and/or the ongoing destruction of the natural world and subsequent collapse of industrial civilization provide an answer to that question. 


Living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

PS: The
 TW will be wandering (and thinking) next week. If I have a WiFi connection I will post on April 21st as scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment