not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, April 21, 2017

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

POST # 259
This post will be short and sweet, as I will be on the road later today.
The scenery has gone from this:


To this:


In some respects the views are similar.   Water, sky and vegetation in both photos. But arriving back in the land of snow and ice is somewhat shocking to this aging Canuck.  
I had just gotten used to seeing the North star low on the horizon at 17 degrees, and now I have to crane my neck all the way back to see it at 49 degrees in the night sky.   Proof positive that I am well and truly back in the temperate latitudes. 
For the last couple of days I've been visiting friends who used to live on the Sunshine Coast until late last year. Our prior contact has been via the internet, so it has been wonderful to spend some time face to face with the two of them and their menagerie of boneheads & furballs. They have a total of six, three of each.  I am very fortunate indeed to have had this opportunity to visit them. 
So a big thanks to the two Debs, the boneheads, Francis, Dharma and Zoe, as well as the furballs, Barney, Karma and Tony. 
It's been three days filled with laughter, stimulating conversation, and companionship.
Time to get back on the road again. It's what I do best. 

living a life of simple acceptance,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment