not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Monday, November 14, 2016

MEET THE NEW BOSS...

POST # 238


Yoda here again.  I checked with Paul and he said that I could put in my two barks worth this week, now that all that damn election stuff is over.  I'll keep this brief, and use a few links to illustrate my view.

First up are the lyrics from an old song by  "The Who", "Won't get Fooled Again"

https://play.google.com/music/preview/Ttteougld766bqxzafzlkzijjyq?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics

Plenty of food for thought in that song, but personally, I like the final two lines which sum up what just took place in my opinion:

"MEET THE NEW BOSS
SAME AS THE OLD BOSS"

Of course we could say that Donald Trump is the new boss, however I like to take a broader view than just some silly old election in the USA.  I  suggest that the old boss has been, and still is, industrial civilization, and the new boss will just be more of the same, until life on the planet is well and truly obliterated.  The following video by Steve Cutts, pardon the pun, "cuts" to the chase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU

What just took place last week in the USA, may seem significant to many people, and there has been plenty of gnashing of teeth since then, however Carl Sagan said it best a long time ago when he called Earth a pale blue dot in order to illustrate just how insignificant we all are in the greater scheme of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmP4Xzt0rN4

OK,  I promise.  Now that I have all of that out of my canine system, I'll go back to doing what I do, and leave the blog to Paul next week.   I'm off to eat a dog biscuit,  go for a walk,  and poop out any leftover election angst, and while I'm doing that, why don't you turn up the volume on your computer speakers, and listen to that great old rock and roll tune by "The Who".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

Dreaming of endless dog biscuits and walks,

Yoda

The Thoughtful Wanderer's bonehead friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment