not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, April 14, 2016

BIRD SONG, CHRIST BASED CLEANING and MEOPLE PUMBLE

POST # 210





BIRD SONG

Listening to bird song in the morning is a wonderful way to begin the day.  It certainly is better than the sounds of the city.  I've barely completed a week here,  just west of Port Townsend on the Olympic peninsula, however my time at this house sit is rapidly coming to a close.  My friend will be returning this Sunday, and I'll be heading off to my next sit.  Fortunately for me, it is right in Port Townsend so I don't have far to go.

It's a peaceful existence here, so peaceful that even the deer like to come around for a visit every now and again.




The weather this past week has been mostly dry, however a few nights ago, the sky opened up for a while.  The following morning, I was out in the yard, enjoying the freshness of the air, and while I was doing so, I took a photo of the remnants of the previous night's rain.



Years ago, I probably wouldn't have paid much attention to things like this.  Now I make a conscious effort to be in the present moment as much as I can, so that I don't miss out on these little joyful displays that nature provides us, if we are just willing to observe them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, when driving up interstate 5 prior to my arrival here, we passed by this van.  I had to take a photo.



Just when I think that I've seen it all, I'm reminded that I haven't.  Only in America.

And remember,




Happy Trails,

Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer
















No comments:

Post a Comment