not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

THINGS ARE HEATING UP, AND MY JOURNEY FROM THE MUD HUT BACK TO BEND

POST # 174

Well, things are really heating up now.  It seems like everywhere is on fire from California, right on through to Alaska.  British Columbia and Alberta are no exceptions, and the summer has only just begun.  In Europe there is another heat wave, and the Arctic is continuing to get hotter by the week.
I for one will be surprised if the Arctic ice cap DOESN'T melt this summer/fall.  Things seem to be pointing in that direction at least. ( in one 24 hr period last month, the Arctic ice extent declined a whopping 340,000 sq. km)  And once the ice is gone, then the methane which is already escaping in copious quantities, will probably be off to the races.  Looks like we're all in for a long hot summer.

Last Friday I had to say so long to my  friends Guy and Sheila, after spending a delightful week at the Mud Hut in New Mexico.  We were up early for the drive to Tucson, and I made sure to take a photo of them prior to a final hug goodbye.



From Tucson, it was a short 21 minute flight to Phoenix where I had to hang out for a few hours waiting for my next flight to Portland.


Arriving in the early evening in Portland, I was greeted by my dear friend Mary, and from there we drove back to Bend, arriving quite late.  It had been a very long day and I was ready for some sleep.

And on a final note, here is a recent article from my friend Dahr Jamail after he recently interviewed Guy.


I think the title pretty much sums it up.

Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer



No comments:

Post a Comment