not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

HEADING BACK TO ORCAS AGAIN

POST # 175

Exactly a year ago yesterday, I was driving from Bend Oregon to Washington State.  And yesterday I was doing the same thing once more.  What are the odds??

The journey was via a new route on the east side of the mountains, and via Yakima, a place I had been too only once before, and a very long time ago indeed.  I think I was probably 19 at the time.

This year, instead of being enroute to my regular housesit in Vancouver, I am returning to Orcas island for a fifth time, to take care of the three furballs, Felix, Oscar, and Ziggy.
Orcas is becoming somewhat of a second home to me.

Not sure what I will be doing after the Orcas sit, but I'm pretty confident that things will work out one way or the other.

Also, something unique happened the other day while out for a walk with my friend Mary, in Bend.  We came across this deer, and it was happy to let me walk right up to it. It was a precious moment indeed.







Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment