not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Thursday, August 7, 2014

TWO HOT DOGS PLUS ONE MORE BONEHEAD

POST # 131


The title says it all. It's been a long hot housesit here in Vancouver with my baby bonehead* friends Jackson and Peach. They're hot, I'm hot and it's hot outside. Too hot for this neck of the woods even at this time of the year. The forecast is for continued sunshine all next week.


I'm not surprised really. This is all part of the ongoing changes to be expected, now that climate chaos is underway. It could be worse. We could be in California, where it's been one long hot drought for many years now, and who knows, if that continues, then at some point, Canada might be finding itself with a bunch of Californian climate refugees. Now wouldn't that be interesting? LA British Columbia. No thanks.

As I write these words, fires are raging in the north, and Hawaii is bracing for a hurricane tonight followed by another one soon after. It's just one climate change event after the other. It's hard to keep up, but I do try my best.

The hot dogs are chilling out on the carpet at the moment, and the bonehead writing these words, is trying to stay cool after just arriving back from a bike ride along the seawall, where the water is a brownish red colour. It's been that way for the entire time I've been at this housesit. That can't be a good thing.

Soon I will be on my merry way again, this time heading down south of the border for a few weeks. Part of my journey will be through Nevada. Hmmm, Nevada in August. If I think this is hot, just wait until I get there.

The wandering continues.

Happy trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer

*

Pachycephalosaurs were boneheads. This is from an exhibit at the Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller Alberta.

Baby boneheads. Actually, Peach and Jackson are much much cuter than these two, but when I googled "baby boneheads" this was the best I could come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment