not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Friday, March 21, 2014

SPRING

POST # 112

Yesterday just before 10am, (9:57am) to be more precise, the Spring Equinox arrived here on the west coast. This time last year I was hanging out with a bunch of cats in Victoria and now I have Austin the dog to keep an eye on. Like I mentioned last week, he is certainly one laid back canine, and so it's been a very relaxed house/pet sit indeed.

Yesterday was a typical spring day with the weather throwing a bit of everything our way including lots of wind, rain, hail and sunshine. The property I am on is in the shadow of a hill just to the south, and the sun has been ever so slowly managing to get higher in the sky each day and spread some of its light and warmth on us.

One thing I've noticed in the past week is the increased amount of blue jays flying around in addition to a multitude of other birds including some of the fattest robins that I have ever seen. The robins have good pickin's around here on the lawn, pulling out worm after worm and it's always a mystery to me how they manage to find just the right place to put their beak into the ground and pull out their prize. If I was a robin, it would make perfect sense I'm sure.

On my ride into town across the Vedder river yesterday, I noticed that it is running a lot clearer and there seems to be more people fishing along the banks as each day passes. I am content to spend time down there with Austin, and just hang out and watch the water flow by and as the weather continues to warm up, I expect to be there even more.

I was tempted to write about other issues going on in our world at the moment, however as I have come to learn over time, the more pressing the issue, the less interest there seems to be in discussing it. So I'll end this short post, and go outside and enjoy some of that spring weather with my buddy Austin, down by the riverside. Precious moments.


Happy Trails,

Paul

The Thoughtful Wanderer


No comments:

Post a Comment